2001 Off Road Edition Needs Front Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tirane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 2001 5.9 with off road package and the entire front suspension needs to be replaced. Shocks, Ball joints, bearings, shocks, tie rods, bushings, control arms, stabilizer bar. Because it has the 2" lift (off road), I want to make sure the parts I get will line up. When I shop online it says "4WD" but I'm not certain everything will match because of the lift/off road package. I need your expertise to make the right purchase. I would like to hear your opinions on where to shop for reliable replacement parts and how to tell if they will line up properly. Is there a particular brand you recommend? Is there a reasonable upgrade that will make a difference? Anything else I should stay away from? Is there anything I have to be careful not to overlook? I only want to repair the truck to be a strong running dependable 4X4. I am not trying to win any wilderness competitions. Your help is very much appreciated.

cj5orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
No replies yet ???
With just a 2" lift...I don't think you'll any problems.

yarddogg77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I agree, you shoulod be able to use factory length control arms with a 2" lift. The only question is do you have factory control arms, or are they Tuff Country control arms? I believe those might need Tuff country bushings.