2002 5.9… no fuel or spark. Bad pcm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bso2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Hey guy, I’m working on my father-in-law’s truck and I believe the pcm is bad, but I wanted to get some second opinions before jumping the gun. The truck supposedly would run fine but then going down the road, the gauges would flicker and the whole truck shuts off. You could wait a few minutes and it would start back up but now it won’t start at all. The truck does spin over. The fuel pump does not prime when the key is rolled forward and it does not run from spraying starting fluid down the throttle body. All fuses and relays are okay. If I remove fuel pump relay and jump the contact points, the fuel pump runs. The gauges also don’t do their sweep or come up to read fuel level or voltage. The mileage is present, there is no “no bus” message. I hooked a professional scan tool to the truck and it could read the Bcm, abs etc but couldn’t talk to the pcm. The truck also throws an AA 07 code for no pcm communication. The throttle position sensor does get its 5 volt reference signal. The fuel injectors do not seem to get any signal when the engine turns over. I checked the powers and grounds on the C1 connector in the pcm and it has both. Does this sound like a bad pcm to you guys?

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's most likely a wire or the PCM itself would be my guess.
Can you check the bus wires from the PCM to the OBD2 port?