2002 Dodge Ram 1500 - Tail lights not working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notinfallible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V-10 Gas
I recently bought a 2002 Ram 1500 4x4 5.9l....

The previous owner had installed an aftermarket LED tail light assembly, but apparently had trouble with it. I found a brand new set of the same LED tail lights in the backseat. Both sets are identical and create the same problems.

The brake lights, reverse lights, signal flashers all work perfectly fine, but the rear running lights do not work. I also noticed that license plate lights and the front parking lights don't work as well. I've tried both sets and they both have the same problems.

I am able to get a partial rear running light by running a jumper wire between two of the slots for the parking light relay under the hood.

I am getting the 'lamp out' indicator light on the dash...

Any suggestions on how I should proceed?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would check all the fuses up front to see if one popped. In my 03 manual (not sure if its the same for the 02), fuse 15 controls everything that you mentioned isnt working on your truck (parking lamps front and rear and the license lamps). Fuse 15 feeds the parking lamp relay (I would also swap out the relay just cause they’re cheap enough and you said you could get something by jumping the slots). Then after the relay fuses 32 feeds the right side and 34 feeds the left side of all that stuff mentioned.

Since you’re not getting juice to either side, i would say it is most likely either fuse 15 or the parking lamp relay.

Good luck!