Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catpoopenstein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this concerns a van but I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Custom Van, engine 5.2 V8. 115,000 miles. Great condition, all maintenance & records up to date. Clean, immaculate interior.

I found this van for sale. I test drove it, liked it. Liked that I can stand up and walk w/o head hitting the roof. One problem....There's something wrong with the power seat. It goes up and down just fine but moving back and forth is the problem. It went forward but not enough for me. I can reach pedals but it needs to be a little closer. I don't know if this is as far as the seat goes. I'm 5'3 so maybe. It looked like it could go another couple of inches on the rail/track but I'm don't know.
I thought, Just get a new seat from Dodge. WRONG! Because the van went out to a conversion company the only option is finding the track used. From what I've gathered so far it appears the horizontal track only can be replaced if that's the issue, not the entire seat. The problem is finding the part for a power seat.

The seat tracks I found were for 3500 vans. I'm wondering if they could be interchangeable. I'm 5'3, my feet tip the pedals, could this be as far forward as the seat goes?

The old customs are hard to find with low mileage, good condition, without spending a fortune. I've been looking around for awhile and haven't found a really, nice one and if I do it's 500-1000 miles away. I'm not trading so a driver would have to bring my truck back.

I'd really like to find a chevy conversion but again nearly impossible to find. I'm not too hip on DIY mods either.

Does anyone have any experience with these old custom/conversion vans?