2002 Ram 1500 2WD 5.9 Gas code PO748

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbeards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 2WD
Engine
5.9 Gas
2002 Ram 1500 2WD 5.9 Gas code PO748. 46RE Transmission. Replaced Pressure Sensor and Governor Pressure Solenoid. Did not fix it. Can anyone Help. Replaced Pressure Sensor and Governor Pressure Solenoid. Did not fix it. Can anyone Help? Thanks, Mike

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF!

This is all I could find, hope it helps:

First establish that power to the relay is consistent...try swapping relays around. You may have one bad relay, but not several, right? Problem fixed and you have a bad relay. Problem remains and you move on to the next thing.

Jumper the relay connections from pin 30 to pin 87 to eliminate computer controls. Problem fixed? You have relay control issues. Problem remains? You have wiring issues: connectors, corroded fuse, ignition switch, bad grounding.

Relay control issues? Access the back of the PCM connector and ground out the relay control wire. Problem fixed? Your PCM is toast. Problem remains? You are losing power going to the relay somewhere. If your fuse is not blowing, you have an intermittent open circuit, and your job just became more expensive, call for more time and money. You will need to begin at connectors you can access, and move from there into the harness looking for bad splices, chafing, corrosion, kinks, etc.

OP
OP
M

mbeards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 2WD
Engine
5.9 Gas
Jumper Relay and drive

Thanks for the info. When I jumper the relay, as you noted, can I drive the vehicle with the jumper in place. What can I expect. Doesn't the computer control shifting?