2003 Ram 2500 weeping transfer case yoke condition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southernilfarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Howdy folks,

I've owned my 2003 Ram 2500 for 10 years now. When I purchased the truck, I spend a couple days going over it. One issue persists and it is an odd one to me...

The yoke that connects the transfer case to the driveshaft was leaking when I got the truck. I assumed it was the seal, so I replaced the seal and refilled the transfer case. Upon inspection a few weeks later, I noticed the same rate of seepage. Being persistent, I pulled it apart again and saw the yoke is not one solid piece. The yoke has a seam on the driveshaft side around the center ring and that seam weeps fluid. I cleaned it up very well and applied RTV to slow down the mess. This method worked pretty well until recently.

Now, 10 years later, this problem is annoying me again.

Questions...

Is the yoke supposed to have this circular "seam" I describe? If so, is this weeping normal? I've considered taking it apart and brazing the seam to stop this leak.

Sorry, no photos yet.

Thanks,
Mike

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Interesting, I have a 2023 6.7l with 2700 miles on it that just developed that same problem, goes to the dealership Wednesday. Wonder if anyone else has this problem?

IMG_1129.jpeg