2005 Ram 4.7 Spindles!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Holmberg02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone! Im new here and happy to be a part of such a great forum.

I ordered a RC 3" suspension kit and was going to get it fixed just a few hrs ago, but when i took the tires of the car i noticed that there was 2" drop spindles fitted, previous owner told me that he had lowered it with other coils, but that was not the case! And because i live in Sweden spindles are more rare and expensive here. I have a 2005 Ram Slt 4.7 2wd. The 4.7 2wd is not very common her but we have alot of 5.7 and 4x4...

So my question is, do spindles from 5.7 Hemi's fit or what is the difference? And/or is it possible to use 4x4 spindles? And what is the difference between those?

My second question is, the previous owner did also flip the rear axle but im gonna flip it back, do i need any parts for that because ive seen on flipkits that there is a few parts you need, but what do i need to flip it back?

Thanks

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think to flip the back you don’t reuse the stock plates that u bolts go to on leaf spring( been over 6yrs since I did mine so I kinda forget) idk about 4wd spindals or if there’s a difference but any 2wd 02-08 ram 1500 minus mega should all interchange

OP
OP
Holmberg02

Holmberg02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well i did get hold of 2 front spindles from a 4x4 that they say should fit without any problems.

The one thing i still dont get is the flip back the rear axle!? Do i need to move some brackets or change position nd weld them on again?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to buy a flip kit. I’m sure something can be rigged out of stock parts but not sure

OP
OP
Holmberg02

Holmberg02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll take a look at it in the morning, its 11pm here right now. I have not looked at it properly but i hope that i can reuse somethings,its a 2 weeks delivery time for me if i need to order parts..dont like that its lowered

OP
OP
Holmberg02

Holmberg02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, here's my story of the operation.
As i mentioned before i was going to install a 3" Rough Country lift kit and flip back the flipped rear axle and change spindles.

I had access to a car lift and the whole operation took about 1 hr and 15 minutes so it was super easy, the only thing i noticed was that the spindles from an 4 wd ram have smaller lower control arms, but a bit of grinding on both control arm and spindle solved the problem.

I dont know if there are lowering control arms that you should use when lowered!?

I think im going to try to get hold of a pair of 2wd spindles when a truck comes up for scrap/salvage. These trucks over here are not very common. We dont have 200 of them in entire Sweden (years 2002-2005)