2006 headlight switch issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunt_all

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
  • So I have a strange one for everyone. 2006 ram 1500 slt with factory fog lights. The headlight switch does not turn on or off the headlights. The headlights turn on when I turn the truck on and off when I turn the truck off with no time delay. Fog light will not turn on or off but bulbs are good. With the truck on, I have both hi and low beams. Setting the parking break and no change in the lights regardless of the switch position. Any thoughts?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds to me like maybe the tipm or headlight switch was having issues and someone bypassed them and hooked them to an ignition source?

OP
OP
hunt_all

hunt_all

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I was thinking the same thing but wouldn’t you lose high beam to low beam switching if you bypassed the tipm? I figure that was controlled through the tipm like all other light functions.

OP
OP
hunt_all

hunt_all

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I traced back the lines from both headlights to the tipm and it doesn’t appear to be splice of rerouted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye