2007 Mopar Remote Start Programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToolSkank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I purchased a 2007 1500 hemi megacab two months ago. It has a mopar brand remote start system that works with the original two keys(4 button sentry).

The old keys were crusty with the labels worn off and one had a button missing so I purchased two new keys from amazon (KeylessOption brand). I programmed them by turning the truck to on with one old key, then used the other old key, then finally the new key. The new keys work fine for locking, unlocking, and starting the truck. But when I try the remote start button, it just flashes the hazards twice and nothing else.

Is there a way I can program these? Or a different brand key that will work?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, I purchased a 2007 1500 hemi megacab two months ago. It has a mopar brand remote start system that works with the original two keys(4 button sentry).

The old keys were crusty with the labels worn off and one had a button missing so I purchased two new keys from amazon (KeylessOption brand). I programmed them by turning the truck to on with one old key, then used the other old key, then finally the new key. The new keys work fine for locking, unlocking, and starting the truck. But when I try the remote start button, it just flashes the hazards twice and nothing else.

Is there a way I can program these? Or a different brand key that will work?
If the remote start works with the old keys still I would just reprogram the new keys again had similar issue in past with my old truck. Also remote start will not work if there is a code stored or engine light on maybe disconnect trucks battery for a while to reset things.

OP
OP
T

ToolSkank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried reprogramming with no success. I had the battery disconnected for a full two days while doing the heater core so its not that.

I found the attached guide on the remote start system that seems to indicate there may be a program button. There is a blank connector taped to my OBD2 plug, the same place as recommended for dealer installtion in the manual, but no button. I followed the programming steps in the manual and jumped my connector with a paper clip but nothing happened.

Attachments

• remotestartinstall.pdf
    476.6 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
T

ToolSkank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have any recommendations before I take it to the dealer? How much would a dealer/locksmith charge to program one? Anywhere else I should check out?

RamBigHorn15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t waste your time. I have the same issue bought three of those replacement keys and they only flash the lights when you try to remote start. They can’t be programed any way to allow remote start. Luckily I still had one original key and bought a new blank housing to have cut to my new lock cylinder, that is the only key that will remote start the vehicle.
Had my other oem key stolen, so I had to replace the cylinders.
Cheap keys will not work fully, sometimes you do get what you pay for.
Note I did have the new cheap keys programmed at the dealer since I only had one key, so bringing it to the dealer will not solve the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio