2008 Ram 2500 5.7l no fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Holmes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 l 4x4.
My truck sat for about 4 weeks outside. I went out to start and it will crank but not start. I sprayed starting fluid in to airbox, it will act like it will start but never catch.
I checked the fuel pressure and nothing. I replaced the fuel pump and same problem.

Question 1
If I turn key on which of the 4 wires should be hot at fuel pump?

Question 2
Which fuse runs fuel pump at the TIPM?

Question 3
Can I run a keyed hot wire to pump to bypass the TIPM?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 l 4x4.
My truck sat for about 4 weeks outside. I went out to start and it will crank but not start. I sprayed starting fluid in to airbox, it will act like it will start but never catch.
I checked the fuel pressure and nothing. I replaced the fuel pump and same problem.

Question 1
If I turn key on which of the 4 wires should be hot at fuel pump?

Question 2
Which fuse runs fuel pump at the TIPM?

Question 3
Can I run a keyed hot wire to pump to bypass the TIPM?
This is a case where the fuel pump relay inside the TIPM has more than likely failed. It is very easy to bypass and install your own external relay to provide B+ battery power to the fuel pump.

The factory service manual for your truck is in the 3rd gen DIY section. You can download the manual and use the wiring diagram to bake your own fuel pump relay setup.