2008 Ram No Crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

66signet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I changed the transfer case motor yesterday on my 2008 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. That may or may not be part of it. After changing it I checked that it was shifting and it seemed to be working properly. I drove the truck about 25 miles and the 4wd low light started to flash on the dash. It flashed for a couple of minutes then the interior light on the heat control and the cup holder flickered and the service 4wd light came on. I came home pulled in the driveway and shut it off now I have a no crank. I turn the key on and I hear the fuel pump pressure up, the lights on the dash look normal but the starter doesn't run when I to start it. I have checked all the fuses and they all look good. Is there a relay hiding some place for the starter I am not getting power to the solenoid. Battery is fully charged and clean. Thanks

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I would suspect the TIPM since you're having problems with the 4WD system and not getting power to the starter.