2020 Ram 1500 no power no crank no start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robertkennedy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie. Periodically and currently I have No Power at all. Went by auto parts store to run code. Said no connection to PCM. Checked the connections and they were connected. Actually one of the clips broke when I was going to take off and then when I compare the connections visually the one that has a broken clip doesn’t look all the way seated. The red tab was down and locked in so should have been seated but just looked different than other. I did disconnect negative before doing so. This last time starting it this morning it ran rough for a few seconds. One headlight was out and then just shut off completely. I am in need of some help. Would take to dodge to look at but just thought I would reach out here before having it towed there. If it is possible something simple I don’t want to throw the money away at a dealer. I checked fuses and battery and they are good. Thank you.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you load tested the battery, ideally with a toaster style load tester?

If not, that's the best place to start. A battery load tester costs about $20 from Harbour Freight.

Another option is taking the battery to a parts store and most will test it for free.

Unfortunately, most will use a digital load tester which are prone to false positives.

Screenshot_20240318-200321_Vivaldi Browser.jpg

And, chrome_image_Nov. 16, 2023 4_51_54 a.m. EST.png to Ram Forum. :cool: