2009 air conditioner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemishark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have any suggestions for my AC? It's blowing warm air and the compressor does'nt seem to be engaging. I did'nt see anything listed on the fuse box?
Thanks for some advise.

hemi crew cab

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
You might need to have it checked. Probably low on refrigerant.

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
You might need to have it checked. Probably low on freon

Compressor would still kick on though. Hopefully the refrigerant being low is his problem though, cheapest route.

12_Ram_CC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless I'm mistaken the refrigerant also acts as a lubricant for the system so could be an issue or have created an issue...?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Nothing came out of mine when mine broke, no air at all, it turned out to be a resistor motor. I had it under warranty, but they guy said it was like a 100 dollar part and no big deal if that is what it is.

OP
OP
H

hemishark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess i'll take it to the dealer and have it checked and decide if it's worth having them fix it.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2 stainless lines ont he pass side of motor. One, when AC running should be frosty cold, and the inner one (closest to block) should be warm.

If the outer one (closest to fender) isn't cold, you have no refidgerant running, which would make sense if your compressor isn't running.

Could be the switch itself in your dash not kicking the compressor on?