2009 Dodge Ram Kenwood/Memphis build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travis.smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am piecing together a system at the moment. I am wondering if there is anything someone else would do. I am currently looking at the Kenwood DNX890HD receiver, 2 Memphis PR12's DVC, Memphis PR1X600, and a Memphis 4 gauge amp kit. I have installed stereo's before, but I am going to possibly let a shop do this one. Let me know what you think. I am not looking for crazy loud or anything just some solid and clean bass. The enclosure will be a MDF box 3/4.

!B9VlNqwEGk~$(KGrHqEOKo4Ey+jCy+DNBM5dLjiZ6w~~0_12.jpg
$(KGrHqUOKpgE6V!JdT)jBOvE05V(Gw~~60_57.jpg
90595.jpg

13_DNX890HD_K_B_F_GUI.jpg

S

scotts2012ram

I have almost the same setup 2 pr12s with a pr600 powering them but have an alpine flipout. If you have the base radio get ready to upgrade your doors next if your like me or at least so good tweeters. You cant go wrong with Memphis but i will tell you add poly fill in the box help mine tons

OP
OP
travis.smith

travis.smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah didn't do poly fill need to get some and do it just haven't had time

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only know of one shop in Abq that I'd trust to even open the door on my truck.
Personally, I'd say save the $$ and do it yourself.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ That can be said for most areas. If you care about your truck (duh) you'll do a better job than most of us would be willing to pay for. Unless you go REALLY high end there are just too many hacks out there and you have 0 recourse once its done poorly.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just redid a head unit for a buddy in a 63 lincoln because 1. he wanted a new one and 2. the perivous owner let a audio shop hack up the dash and use wire nuts instead of doing it right and soldering like the guy probably paid for. My vote is do it yourself.