2011 5.7 Hemi Tune Question Anyone Who Has a Diablosport Intune i3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
2011 ram 1500 5.7 207k on the clock when I got it I got the Diablosport Intune i3 to disable MDS installed the 87 octane tune. Ever since I have not messed with it my truck is getting ****** gas mileage around town bout 12mpg and on parkway 14 ish. The engine Spark knocks/Pings under load when driving. I was wondering for anyone who has this tuner what appears to be the sweet spot/best tune to use my truck is not happy with this tune as it pings and yes spark plugs are fresh.

I have an i3 on my 11. I run the 91 canned tune, but go into each setting manually and tweak each on if needed. For example, my throttle sensitivity is plus 20, for better response, I've adj tire size, cut off mds, adjusted shift points, redline limit, and adjust fuel to deliver more down low and less high speed.
I get a solid 18 mpg and run the highest octane available at whatever gas station i stop at for fuel.

Truck doesn't ping or anything. I've never tried the 87 tune. I really don't think I can get the mpg higher than 18 in normal day to day driving. I have 4wd and 3.55s

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an i3 on my 11. I run the 91 canned tune, but go into each setting manually and tweak each on if needed. For example, my throttle sensitivity is plus 20, for better response, I've adj tire size, cut off mds, adjusted shift points, redline limit, and adjust fuel to deliver more down low and less high speed.
I get a solid 18 mpg and run the highest octane available at whatever gas station i stop at for fuel.

Truck doesn't ping or anything. I've never tried the 87 tune. I really don't think I can get the mpg higher than 18 in normal day to day driving. I have 4wd and 3.55s

18 is pre dam good i cant even get that goin down parkway atm ahaha waiting til i run outa gas then im going to change tune ect

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How did the 545rfe like the extra power? Is there just a trans tune option?

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did the 545rfe like the extra power? Is there just a trans tune option?

Idk why ppl rag on the 545rfe so much I see more bs/shifting issues with the 8 speeds lately mine is orig with over 200k shifts good i tow my car trailer and Heavy 28ft boat/tripple axle trailer Not a single problem its a good trans. I also dis like how quick the 6.-8 speed trans up shift even tho they probably have tunes for that.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
None of my Hemi powered vehicles liked 87 octane fuel. Had the same mileage and performance issues you have.

Mine (2011)has been running 87 since new and runs great. Before I lifted it and put 35's on I would get 19-20 highway, now about 16.
No pinging or power loss

SkylarMelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine (2011)has been running 87 since new and runs great. Before I lifted it and put 35's on I would get 19-20 highway, now about 16.
No pinging or power loss
This is the 87 tune?

I've just just recently been getting into the Diablo game, have a i2 loaded on the truck with 87 tune, MDS off, Throttle 10%, +200rpm idle. I noticed a change in engine/exhaust tone once I loaded the tune (2011 hemi, 5spd, 3.92, k&n filter, magnalfow 14" muffler on dual exit), but I can't say I hear any knock or ping, anyone have an example audio clip so I can compare? My mileage hasn't changed, but its always been garbage, like 19L/100km or 12mpg on mixed city/hwy. I run 87 at every fill up from various gas stations, but mostly Shell or Costco. I also add a cheap Octane booster bottle every couple fill ups if that really does anything. The only issue I notice is with 1st to 2nd gear change when on WOT, it seems to jump the truck, like its delayed/forced. I've looked it up and it seems to be an issue for others, can anyone confirm/deny this? Is there a fix for this? Is there a tranny tune on the Diablo tuners, for my i2?

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going to try 2 things this week factory settings with mds just off and then swap to the 91 mds off and see what works out better.