2011 Laramie Leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southernsky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just bought a 2011 3500 MegaCab with the Laramie package. It has leather trim interior, what actually is leather on the truck. Is the whole seat leather?
What about the dash and the console? Any help?

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most all leather (with a few exceptions) is coated. You can use any leather cleaner/conditioner, or most interior protectants. I'd stay away from AmorAll types. I like Surf City's Dash Away, and Leather VooDoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it'd Katzkin, but they show you which parts of factory leather seats are actually leather. Typically it's just the 'faces' of the seats. the sides and back are synthetic leather.

That being said, a good leather cleaner and protector will work great for all of it.
I used Meguire's Gold Class on my '00 and it brought the black leather back to life. Smelled wonderful and was super soft. I really miss that interior!

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just bought a 2011 3500 MegaCab with the Laramie package. It has leather trim interior, what actually is leather on the truck. Is the whole seat leather?
What about the dash and the console? Any help?

most manufacturers use the 'surfaces you touch' theory on deciding where to use leather and where to sub in vinyl. So the inside (facing the console) are usually vinyl and in some cases down low are cloth (even in my loaded Flex Limited grrrrr...)

I think I read in some literature somewhere that the back seat in my Laramie is all vinyl

I treat the vinyl the same as the leather in terms of 'treatments' as it can begin to dry out just like leather but it does not age as quickly as the real stuff