2011 no Sirius travel link?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knucklehead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone. Just got my 2011 1500 slt crew on Saturday and am loving it!
However, I have a 430n RHB head unit (Sirius, navigation, back up camera, 30gig) and I cant seem to figure out how to access Sirius travel link. I have the free 1 year of Sirius satellite radio going, but the included literature says I get the travel link also for a year?? I am going to call the dealer tomorrow but, I was wondering if anyone had any insight here.
Thanks,
George

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket using Tapatalk

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I know how to get there but I will have to get in the truck and write down the steps. There is also a upgrade out there that gives you more options like weather, movie show times, things like that. It's not in the nav menu but through the main menu button. Give me about 30 minutes and I will have a anwser for you.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Go to the Sirius Menu on the radio, where you would select a Sirius radio channel. Once there, click menu on the right hand side (manual button, not touchscreen). Then you'll see the options.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I don't think that the 430n have that option.

OP
OP
knucklehead

knucklehead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to the Sirius Menu on the radio, where you would select a Sirius radio channel. Once there, click menu on the right hand side (manual button, not touchscreen). Then you'll see the options.

Thanks, ill try that.

OP
OP
knucklehead

knucklehead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still can't access it, going to take it to the dealer later.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok there was a disc that was mailed out for a update to enable and show the features. Dodge says to go to your dealership to request the disc for upgrade. Only then will the 5 day weather forecast, sports scores, fuel prices, movies etc.... show up under Travel link on the menu screen if you have a valid sirius suscription.

OP
OP
knucklehead

knucklehead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks mad cow. So if I go into the dealer and tell them I called Dodge ( I didn't) and they sent me here, they will know what I'm talking about?

OP
OP
knucklehead

knucklehead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Called Dodge they told me the exact thing, checked my vin to make sure. Went to the dealership, they looked at me like I was crazy. I called Dodge on speaker phone with the service Guy there, he said they didn't have the update CD. So now Dodge is sending it to me, 6-8 weeks to get here. I can call around to other dealerships to see if they have it but I think ill just wait.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i have this too, but never even thought to look for it. I kinda figured it didn't work on my radio because its the garmin based nav...lol

blinky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.1
I am working on the same problem with no travel link, I have had the dealership load the update for the soft key "travel link" but the new button now brings me to the four options weather, gas prices... but touching them will not display any info but I have a no data message. sirius says its a componet bad in the truck. I am going in to have service look into this new peice of the problem. and the update disk was at the parts department.