2011 Ram 2500 diesel tuner advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rajman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I am looking to do some upgrades to my 2011 and will need a tuner. Any advice or testamonials would be appreciated.

KeepRight

ExFalconFxr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I am looking to do some upgrades to my 2011 and will need a tuner. Any advice or testamonials would be appreciated.
I have a 2015 Ecodiesel... I bought Banks Derringer w/i8 Dash Gage... I am happy with its output and performance.

For the money, I'm still unsure if it's worth it. I will say it does a great job! All the different power settings. It does have great features, settings, and read out.

I wanted improved performance and mpg. I wanted my truck back to mpg before the V08 crap. I was getting 24+ mpg, at 75-80 mph, daily drive 150 miles. After V08, I'm lucky to get 17 mpg. Even with the Banks, I'm at 19mpg. Yet it does increase performance!

I might be full of it, but I get better mpg at the highest setting (6). It might be that I don't have to push so far on the pedal to get what I want. When I run it at let's say setting 3, my mpg goes down. You'd think that wouldn't be the case. I'm not a hard gas pedal guy - but I do speed.

For the Ecodiesel there's not many choices these days. I'm not a fan having the need to swap ECMs out. I do like what GDE had posted for performance - Yet...

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I used the Edge CTS2 unit as I like the configurable gauge package.

070117 07.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is a lot to a delete & tune mod for these trucks. Here is my complete list which may help. They are all part of a total approach to improving performance, driveability, fuel mileage, transmission life & the exhaust tone.

Delete & Tune mods

Edge CTS-2 Insight monitor with Cummins unlock
13 – 17 EFI Live Dodge CSP4 tune package by PPEI / Kory Willis
13 – 17 EFI Live Dodge transmission tuning
Cummins tuning switch CSP4
EGR valve and cooler removal with block off plate
Throttle valve delete
Edge expandable EGT probe kit
Pillar pod mount for Edge CTS2

Transmission mods

BD Diesel 68RFE valve body plate kit
Mag Hytec deep transmission pan
ATS 68RFE transmission case support brace

Exhaust Upgrade
FloPro 4“ cat & DPF cannister delete pipe
4” – 6” black exhaust tip with rolled edge
Corsa 8004002 4” muffler – placed just downstream of down pipe

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Better act quick, tuners are being shutdown all over the country. As far as I know PPEI is already out of the game as well as flo pro exhaust.