2011 ram 3500 2wd 4wd issue help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i1ya

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I’ve got a 2011 ram 3500 crew cab auto 70k miles. A quite but noticeable thumping sound has came up on my ram starting from about 30mph and increases as I go faster up to 70 and goes on while in 2wd. But once I put it in 4wd things go butter smooth and the sound goes away, but once in 4wd when I accelerate and let go of the petal I get a different grind sound that comes and goes away quick. Any ideas what it could be? Please help. Ive replace ball joints, all U-Joints, center bearing, and wheel hubs, shop has inspected my differential fluid and transmission oil all checked out good. The sounds I mention are louder some days and sound really bad and quite other days. Running deletes with minimaxx along with the transmission tune.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go outside yourself or watch someone do it check your rear and front diff fluid shops are lazy sometimes make sure its not low also check your transfer case fluid.a Also jack truck up and check all front hubs/rear for movement.