2011 ram outdoorsman 4x4 ...2/3 or 2/4 drop but MUST keep factory travel at minimum ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stokjeep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2011 ram outdoorsman 4x4 ...2/3 or 2/4 drop but MUST keep factory travel at minimum ?

Prefer factory spring rates ...or only mildly stiffer

Am amenable to adding rear airbags to help if heavy bed load or towing

Is this possible?

What parts?

My early thoughts are drop spindles in front ..

Would LIKE to use Bilstein shocks

Would move to 22" wheels for summer ...would use the factory 20" wheels in winter

The WHY ....would like to be able to handle ..... without having to alow to a crawl .....my commute and daily life that includes crappy expansion joints ...speedbumps in parking lots and speed humps on all the roads in my neighbourhood

Much thanks to any advice!!

John Joseph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Prefer factory spring rates ...or only mildly stiffer

Am amenable to adding rear airbags to help if heavy bed load or towing

Is this possible?

What parts?

My early thoughts are drop spindles in front ..

Would LIKE to use Bilstein shocks

Would move to 22" wheels for summer ...would use the factory 20" wheels in winter

The WHY ....would like to be able to handle ..... without having to alow to a crawl .....my commute and daily life that includes crappy expansion joints ...speedbumps in parking lots and speed humps on all the roads in my neighbourhood

8389119a3a10fbcb74d863993b0e2ce1.jpg
Belltech 2/4 drop - I stuffed 295/65r20 had to reroute harness in left wheel week and bend lip of steel behind plastic liner. When it was stick clearly a mor comfortable ride but this is now form and not so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Playing devil's advocate but if you are dealing with rough roads, speed bumps, etc. Then going lower suspension and tires along with potentially firmer springs and Bilstein shocks is the about the opposite you want to do. Bilstein shocks have been described by some on this forum as being able to run over a dime and know if it's heads or tails.
Look into a Thuren or King suspension system for your truck. They'll handle the bumps a lot better.

John Joseph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Playing devil's advocate but if you are dealing with rough roads, speed bumps, etc. Then going lower suspension and tires along with potentially firmer springs and Bilstein shocks is the about the opposite you want to do. Bilstein shocks have been described by some on this forum as being able to run over a dime and know if it's heads or tails.
Look into a Thuren or King suspension system for your truck. They'll handle the bumps a lot better.

Belltech struts broke on mine restored stock struts kept 2” lowerer springs ride better but does not handle as well as Belltech that unfortunately did not hold up e67700def0f25ee3f0916c2b5d077c7f.jpg
70b2f132834e4352ffc594d8bb0322c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk