2011 Regear info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what exactly needs to happen for me to regear my truck to 4.56? Ive read that the stock carrier needs to be machined and you use 09-10 Ring gear sets with master install kits.. I also read I can buy a True Trac and Gear Sets for 09-10 and it will work. Ive read that that will not work. Im so confused and not sure what needs to happen or what is a good price to pay. I would like to regear my truck when I put the new lift and tires on so Im trying to figure it all out. What are my regear options? What is everyone paying for that work? Thanks guys.

OP
OP
J

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Called East Coast Gear Supply in Raliegh..They said they need to do more research as they dont think the Diff cover will fit with 4.56?? WTF. A guy on the other forum said gears are available for 2011 now, and will get me a price on parts. So Im confused.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Gotta swap to a 2010 front carrier and the rear needs machined to fit.
That's as far as I got before I said edf it. My jeeps got 4.56 and I hate them.

If I had to guess what it'd cost is guess 3k+.

I've heard rumors that the gear manufacturers have admitted that if they run the same axle for 3 years or more that they will most likely start r&d to make a swap in kit. What'd they use in 2013s?? I was hoping for that.

Pm fastnugly he was one of the first ones I've seen with it

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2012+ needs a new front carrier bc its welded or some crap. 2011 front is good to go I was tracking...maybe I am wrong?

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
2012+ needs a new front carrier bc its welded or some crap. 2011 front is good to go I was tracking...maybe I am wrong?

I thought the 2011 had the same issue as 2012's I forgot the actual part number for the different axles used as I quickly gave up on it. You could be right as I was most looking into 2012 stuff. Just seemed to think I seen that somewhere. For your sake I hope I'm wrong. lol

I decided to go with a supercharger since it's something I can install myself (and remove to resell) instead of something like a gear change which the cost of vs value of truck is totally negated. I've played the axle game before and when I wanted to sell my jeep that 1600+ I put into the axles for rebuilds and part swaps didn't add any value haha.

May contact yukon directly and see what they say and post back for the rest of us!

BULLRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
There is a guy on another forum, he goes by supershafts, that told us that now the carriers and gears are out so you dont have to machine it ...its on the talk .......this was for the 2010/2011

OP
OP
J

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, adding a supercharger won't fix the problem of having insufficient gear ratio for tires. Just put more stress on the transmission.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
More power to spin and torque will help out on the lower end. My trucks 37s are lighter than most 35s and its still doing about 15 mpg on the highway so I'm not too concerned. I regret regearing my wrangler as it winds out like crazy. With 4.56s your gonna be at a lot higher rpms on the highway at 65-70 and hemis drink the gas above 2k rpm. I don't think its worth it but if ppl want get up and go. Pour it on it. My trucks plenty quick enough for me.