2013 4.7L Acts Like A CVT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickSteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8 Magnum
Hey everyone, i got a 2013 4.7L with the 65RFE that jumps up to around 1900 RPM when speeding up from around 25-30MPH. Truck has done this for quite a while now, she shifts fine and very smooth from a dead stop, no performance issues (aside from this.) Fluid is up to where it’s supposed to be, bright pink, and smells great. She has 94,201 miles on her at the moment, and i just wanna see if this is normal? I have a video that i can post up if y’all wanna see it too.

I did a Torque Converter Stall Test, which came back as 2100 RPM, which i read is normal for the 65RFE.

jmd4100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone, i got a 2013 4.7L with the 65RFE that jumps up to around 1900 RPM when speeding up from around 25-30MPH. Truck has done this for quite a while now, she shifts fine and very smooth from a dead stop, no performance issues (aside from this.) Fluid is up to where it’s supposed to be, bright pink, and smells great. She has 94,201 miles on her at the moment, and i just wanna see if this is normal? I have a video that i can post up if y’all wanna see it too.

I did a Torque Converter Stall Test, which came back as 2100 RPM, which i read is normal for the 65RFE.

That’s normal. Typically in my truck (545RFE) 3rd gear is very wide. It sounds like a CVT sometimes, almost to the point where i want to punch the gas a little to get it to downshift. It is normal. Stupid imo, but normal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

NickSteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8 Magnum
That’s normal. Typically in my truck (545RFE) 3rd gear is very wide. It sounds like a CVT sometimes, almost to the point where i want to punch the gas a little to get it to downshift. It is normal. Stupid imo, but normal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for responding! You really helped me out here, i thought the transmission was shot.