2013 Dodge Ram 5.7 rebuilt cranks strong no start!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last month I drove my 2013 Dodge Ram 5.7 Sport down to the mud hole to pull my sons Dodge Rebel out. After I decided to give the mud hole a try and shattered my #8 piston and rod sucking in mud in the intake.

I got my truck back to the house and tore into the motor which had 130k and took the mouth buying parts online and got the motor back in. I did a total rebuild and It cranked right up but was missing on the #8 piston. WTH I fixed that and it was blowing white smoke.

I tore back into the top in and pulled the heads again and found the head gaskets I bought cheap where for an earlier model 5.7 and I replaced them new again. I also found that the #8 cylinder intake valve was slightly bent which I totally missed the first time. I replaced the valves including changing all valve seals and lapping all valve both heads.

I put the top of engine back together and it cracks strong but no go. It was throwing codes P0113 and P0108. I replaced the Air sensors IAT and MAP and still no go. I don’t under stand because it started and ran and even moved it in the driveway under cover to work on the first time when it was smoking! The only thing different is I pulled the top of the engine off and replaced all the top seals again including Head Gaskets and and redid all the valves and seals now it won’t start

I totally replaced the TIPM with another one because I saw some corrosion on the old one. And the parks plugs have about 10k on them from my tune up and look good. It’s cranking STRONG and tries to sputter at times but no Bueno! I also had to replace the timing wheel on the crank with a brand new one. Again it started and ran after the initial rebuild but it doesn't now. all I did was replaced the head gaskets, repaired the valves, replaced all the valve seals and replaced the TIPM with an almost new one from a salvage yard online.

Now it has a Check Engine light but no Codes and I'm getting the Lighting Bolts on the dash display while trying to crank.

Any suggestion would help i would even **** on the coil packs while cranking it if i thought it would help!