2013 Express 3.0/RA1 question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i bought a new 2013 Express at the beginning of this year, and have always wondered why my 3.0/RA1 stock head unit doesnt turn off when the truck is shut off, and/or when the door is opened. is this something that is an issue with these trucks? i dont think its a setting as ive looked at everything in the menu. the headunit will stay on for a couple minutes, still playing music, with the truck off and the door shut (even locked) and then will just shut off on its own. ive gotten used to just pushing the power button before i get out, but im about to swap in a new headunit, and want to make sure to remedy this issue before i rely on the switched power to turn off the new one. (so dealership cant say its because of the new headunit if i have to take it in for them to look at) has anyone else dealt with, or heard of this? thanks.

Ona4day

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Accessory delay. All keyed power will stay on for the programmed amount of time after the key is shut off and/or removed. The factory setting is 45 secs but it can be increased in the "settings" menu to up to 10 mins. The delay will cancel however once a front door is opened. So if yours is failing to do that, there may be an issue. Mine as an issue as it will not retain any changes in the setting, it will always default back to 45 secs regardless of what I can it to. That was both before and after adding my tuner, which also allows for adjustments.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a fairly well documented issue. YouTube reviews of the Ram even make fun of it.
I did check that on my truck before I bought it, it has been resolved in mine.

I think the dealer has a flash that'll take care of it.

OP
OP
A

andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the response guys. i did a lot of research last night after posting this and found people who had a similar problem with theirs not turning off completely, and draining the battery. that doesnt happen with my truck, i simply want it to shut off when i open the door. i looked again for any kind of settings in both the radio, and the EVIC screen, and still had nothing. (the perks of having the bare minimum stereo/EVIC haha) i guess ill call the dealership and see what they have to say. thanks again.