2013 LED Tail upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluOx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi Guys,

I received the moparonline kit to upgrade my 2013 ram's taillights to LED, but was wonder if anyone has done this successfully on a 13 and might have some tips?

I saw/read the write-up for doing it for older models, but the discussions seemed to indicate there was a difference with the 2012 model that negated the need for the resisters. Is this is the case for the 2013's as well? I would prefer to keep the bulb out indicator working, but not sure if that's possible or not...

Thanks guys!
~BluOx

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did mine the other day, I used retroshops PnP adaptors with dual resistors. Works like a dream ask JJ ram forum moderator: 0212353 or go to retroshop.us and ask if he will sell the adaptors without tail lights (I bought mine as a kit, tails & adaptors)

here is a link to the thread where they install it on a truck with pictures

http://www.ramforum.com/f75/diy_oem_led_taillight_install_retroshop_harness-57384/

OP
OP
BluOx

BluOx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. I got the adapter kit from Retroshop today. Where/how did you install the resistors? I'm trying to figure out the best way and place to secure them...

Edit: Disregard, I just saw the link, it has a great picture of how/where to install the resistors. So I'm off to get some sheet metal screws and finally get my LED's installed! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funwrecker