LED Lighting Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattyB33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7, 4x2, SLT

I am in the process of replacing all lighting in and around my truck to LED's. It is not complete, and I am learning all about the nuances and additional parts needed to make this work. The problem I am stuck on at the moment is the turn signals.

I installed Sylvania load equalizers to the wiring of both front TS wiring harnesses. I was led to believe I only needed one load equalizer for each side. I started on the passenger side. After installing the load equalizer, I installed the LED bulb both in the front and rear. The right front worked fine but the rear wasn't getting any juice. I put the incandescent bulb back in the rear and it worked fine. So, at this time the right front works fine with and without the parking lights on. I will investigate the rear issue at a later time.

Next was the driver side. Installed the load equalizer the same way. Popped the bulbs in the front and rear left turn signal sockets then ran a test. The left rear had the same problem as the right-side, so I put the incandescent bulb back in and it worked fine.

Here is where the problem comes into play.... The left from turn signal works fine without the parking lights on. When I turn on the parking lights, the bulb works but when I engage the left turn signal, the bulb stays lit but does not flash. The rear flashes at a normal pace. My lamp out comes on in the cab and the left turn signal indicator in the cab hyper flashes.

Suggestions?????

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not 100%, but it sounds like you probably need a load balancer for each bulb? Also, you might want to repost this to the 3rd gen forum, as you posted to the 4th gen.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind/brand of bulbs are you installing?