2013 Ram 1500 blows F63 Ignition Coil Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles1961

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
Hello and thanks to all who read this thread...My 2013 Ram 1500 3.6l engine is blowing the F63 IC fuse...it also had a blown fuse in the horn F42 slot. It quit and had to be towed in...sent it to the local Dealership...they determined a blown fuse was the issue...replaced it and repaired 2 broken wires on top of the bell-housing. It ran less than a week and quit again...towed it home and trying to fix it myself this time...dealership was very expensive $451.00 to replace a fuse and did not fix the issue. I have a spare 2013 for parts...I am looking for suggestions on what may be the issue if possible. Every time the fuse is replaced it continues to blow it...the truck turns over fine, but will not crank at this time.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would investigate further where they repaired the two wires, maybe unwrap the harness some for a good inspection. Have you checked for any codes ? Clean and retighten power and ground leads at the battery and terminals.

OP
OP
C

Charles1961

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
No codes set...it blew even more fuses than stated....so I think a short in wiring harness is the issue. Thank you for your help.