2014 3.6 pentastar coolant bleeder valve location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ts27330

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
2014 1500 Laramie 3.6 47,000 miles (just dont drive much, truck is parked in conditioned garage most of time) . Going to do a coolant service, based on time. Is there a bleeder valve to purge the air from coolant system? I have look everywhere on truck and online, but have not found any info for the location on a 2014 Ram with the 3.6. Found other videos for 3.6, Jeep , cars, etc, but their 3.6 has an obvious bleeder screw.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
To my knowledge no, you can't just bleed the air as you need to fill that space with something else (coolant). I see people use kits like this that either sit on top of the radiator or the burp tank, but in our case you would do the radiator. You start the motor with some coolant sitting up in this funnel and whenever an air bubble passes by in the radiator this thing will force new fluid it and you can see the bubbles rise out.

1705674593300.png

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To my knowledge no, you can't just bleed the air as you need to fill that space with something else (coolant). I see people use kits like this that either sit on top of the radiator or the burp tank, but in our case you would do the radiator. You start the motor with some coolant sitting up in this funnel and whenever an air bubble passes by in the radiator this thing will force new fluid it and you can see the bubbles rise out.
+1 on this for the OP, great pic. I just did a coolant fill on my 2018 after replacing the shattty plastic oil cooler unit and used the setup in rzr6-4 pic. You can get them at harbor freight for less than $30 with their never ending sales.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My favorite tool for testing and refilling coolant systems is this:

Any reason this can’t/shouldn/t be used on my 5.7 RAM? I have mainly used it thus far on motorcycles, where it deals well with a couple models whose internal coolant passages have trap points, where air can pocket and not be flushed through or bled out.

Just wondering…

DG

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Last edited:

moto-scoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
2014 1500 Laramie 3.6 47,000 miles (just dont drive much, truck is parked in conditioned garage most of time) . Going to do a coolant service, based on time. Is there a bleeder valve to purge the air from coolant system? I have look everywhere on truck and online, but have not found any info for the location on a 2014 Ram with the 3.6. Found other videos for 3.6, Jeep , cars, etc, but their 3.6 has an obvious bleeder screw.
it is in the same location as the jeep/car ones
must pull throttlebody to see/access it
its a flat plastic plug with allen socket in it
takes a large size allen so you can break it fairly easy, LOL don't ask
good pictures here

Last edited: