2014 5.7 Power steering pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MATTHEW CORY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to replace the water pump on my 2014 SLT 5.7. I had a hard time getting the fan off and apparently at some point hit the power steering pulley and broke off a good size piece off the backside of the pulley. I have not been able to find much for info on the pulley.

The auto parts store told me it was a dealer only part. On the dealer's websites I am only finding the pump as a whole and the reservoir cap. Does anyone know if and where the pulley can be purchased? From a couple things I have read I have pieced together that it may be impossible to get the pulley back on. My truck is in my garage away from me right now that I can't look and I am guessing the shaft is not threaded to allow me to put the ring back on.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Matt

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
granted this was on an older and different vehicle but I remember my neighbor who's a mechanic used a special puller/pusher for the power steering pump pully on my van. It's probably the same situation.
Check your local u-pull salvage yards for the pully?

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Do we don't have electical power steering?

OP
OP
M

MATTHEW CORY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the tool to push and pull the collar ring.

I wish it was electric.

This is the pulley.

IMG_20200104_110517.jpg

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
So you have a 2500 or 3500?

OP
OP
M

MATTHEW CORY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, thought I added 2500 in the text. Guess that's what I get for doing this on my phone.

OP
OP
M

MATTHEW CORY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, an update. I called the dealership. They looked it up and talked to one of the mechanics. The pulley is not available separately and can not be replace since the shaft is not threaded. Dealer price was nearly $500. I called a salvage yard here and they were able to order one from another place for $85.