2014 axle grease on door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbuogr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
I have a brand new 2014 ram 1500 with 6K miles on it. I've noticed once or twice what appears to be a small amount of axle grease on my driver side door and fender. I crawled up underneath and checked it out, see no problems/rips/tears/leaks. Wondering if this is a common thing?
The wheels are aftermarket with a -12 offset. No lift or anything. I noticed it once when the stock wheels were on too.

Thanks in advanced!

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
You could have driven through it. Big trucks have a lot of grease fittings and the fifth wheel. These are usually over greased causing gobs of grease to drop off or fly off spinning parts like drive shafts. If you can't find grease any where else and its not a regular thing I wouldn't worry.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would inspect under your truck carefully, particularly around the wheel wells and axle, brake calipers.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could have driven through it. Big trucks have a lot of grease fittings and the fifth wheel. These are usually over greased causing gobs of grease to drop off or fly off spinning parts like drive shafts. If you can't find grease any where else and its not a regular thing I wouldn't worry.

I agree^^^.....i see this a lot on all of my car/trucks due to the about of highway and interstate driving I do. But, you should still definitely look in more detail around your own truck just in case.