2014 engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Audioslave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, I just purchased my first dodge.. a Ram 1500 Sport. I started the truck yesterday morning.. its -35 and the engine light came on but did not get any messages. I disconnected the battery and it went away. Today, same thing I started it and the engine light came on. My dealership is 500Km away.. gross i know. just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

OP
OP
A

Audioslave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah. the local auto store sold 287 batteries in one day last week. My temp gauge outside reading has been stuck at -40 for days.. I don't think it reads anything colder than that. lol even tho there has been days where its -30 it still reads -40 outside..

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Audioslave,

I have read threads about this behavior on other sites. Apparently if it gets below -35 to 40 the engine kicks the light and does not generate any OBD codes. Do a web search you should be able to find more info.
Hope this helps.

preachp