2014 Rack and Pinions bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Marcusky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys. First post here. I would appreciate any help!

2014 1500. My guess is that the bushings are shot on the rack and pinion. I can not seem to find them anywhere (can anyone help point me in the right direction if you can buy them?) so I am going to get a used one and take the bushings out and put them in my unit that is on there now. Can anyone help tell me if the bushings can come out of the old one or are they permanently attached?

Thanks so much from a teacher who can not afford $2k on a new rack and pinion!

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey there, I just picked these up https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-5-10103G-Rack-Bushing/dp/B004ALMOOU

I haven't had a chance to install them yet, hopefully later this week. It says 2wd, but I cross referenced the part numbers from Rock Auto and Mopar catalog and they look to be the same.

Seeing how you have an electric rack though I'm not sure the bushings would be the same. But the bushings absolutely are serviceable.

OP
OP
C

Chris Marcusky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey there, I just picked these up https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-5-10103G-Rack-Bushing/dp/B004ALMOOU

I haven't had a chance to install them yet, hopefully later this week. It says 2wd, but I cross referenced the part numbers from Rock Auto and Mopar catalog and they look to be the same.

Seeing how you have an electric rack though I'm not sure the bushings would be the same. But the bushings absolutely are serviceable.
Are you sure these will fit a 2014 quad cab? I have scoured the internet and have found none made that will. I sure would like to buy these!

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you sure these will fit a 2014 quad cab? I have scoured the internet and have found none made that will. I sure would like to buy these!
Unfortunately I'm not sure, I had a look online and couldn't find anything either.