2014 Ram 2500 no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donaldfred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a stock (minus EGR) 2500, 6.7L. Today I drive it and get out do what I need to do. Come back and I have no power, no lights, door locks nothing. I am thinking ground wire of some sort has come off somewhere. Batteries are less than 3 months old, and I had no indication of any problems prior to stopping.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start? I live in Texas and I am not going to try and troubleshoot this in 100 degree heat in a parking lot. But if anyone has an idea I will start there in the morning before the sun comes up, otherwise it is going to have to be towed to a garage.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Batteries, battery cable's, fusible links, ground are some of the first places I would check...

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I agree with the post above. Bad batteries do weird things to these trucks.

OP
OP
D

Donaldfred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I checked grounds, all fuses and still nothing, no dome light, no guages, headlights just nothing. I have power going to the fuse box just nothing coming out.

Edit
Batteries are good

Freeland Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Take a test light with one end on the negative post and follow the power thru the fuse box. one end will be hot and one not. what fuses are open?

George Depue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. My battery is 3 years old. Voltage was low, so charged it. Still a no go. Disconnected the battery positive and negative terminals. Waited a bit a reconnected the battery and the truck started fine. Has not been a problem since. Thinking there was a stuck relay that drained the battery.