2014 Ram 2500 OEM replacement running board step pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Myklp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2014 2500 with the OEM rectangular running board step. The driver side black step pad is bad. The dealer said there is no replacement black plastic pad and that you have to buy the whole bar for around $350.00!!!!! I really find that hard to believe. Does anyone out there know of a part number for a replacement pad? Thanks in advance…. Mike

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Plug your vin into mopar parts and look up nerf bar, step rail, running board, etc as search strings. They are replaceable for a lot of vehicle, IDK about your truck.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, I would look on ebay. Manually plug in your search strings as above, plus try pad, step pad ...anything that you think will provide a resut.

I had a similar thing happen on my Hummer. I was eventually able to find an ebay seller that had one. It was like $45 ...a little steeper than I was hoping, but it was worth it and ..been on the truck now for a few years. No problems.

If you know who the original mfgr was of the part, you could contact them too. Summit and others sell rubber/plastic replacement steps pads. Try a google search too. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a brand new one that matches what you need. Bear in mind there is a bazillion different styles. Does yours have a part number on the under side (and a mfgr name??)?

Superbike Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any Luck with this? I have a similar issue. Checked parts at the dealership today, same answer. $370 for the entire running board. And I believe you have to paint after it arrives. The come primed but not painted!

Superbike Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2014 2500 with the OEM rectangular running board step. The driver side black step pad is bad. The dealer said there is no replacement black plastic pad and that you have to buy the whole bar for around $350.00!!!!! I really find that hard to believe. Does anyone out there know of a part number for a replacement pad? Thanks in advance…. Mike

Hey MyKip found a part number. I spoke with a dealership in AZ via the web, questioned him about the part. He came up with a part number. I haven't researched to see if I can find a photo of the part but did find it for sale on a dealerships website. Cost is just about $38.00. Part Number: 68370265AA Hope this helps. If it is the correct step pad, I'm going to order a few of them lol. When it goes bad again, I'll swap it out.