2014 Ram with Uconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traktrjorj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently purchased a 2014 ram with uconnect and a 8.4" screen. It does not have GPS. The dealer said some units can connect to your phone and use my phones gps for navigation. Is this correct or has anyone tried connecting the 2 for gps to appear on the 8.4" screen? Thanks for any input, Gary

PowerWagon18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
If properly equipped, your head unit (radio) might have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but a 2014 model might predate this. Try the various USB ports in the vehicle to find out if any project your phone to the head unit screen.

prezm9

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2014 ram with uconnect and a 8.4" screen. It does not have GPS. The dealer said some units can connect to your phone and use my phones gps for navigation. Is this correct or has anyone tried connecting the 2 for gps to appear on the 8.4" screen? Thanks for any input, Gary

You will only hear the directions from your phones GPS thru the radio via the Bluetooth connection but no video on display.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You will only hear the directions from your phones GPS thru the radio via the Bluetooth connection but no video on display.

What he said.... The only other option you have to get the navigation activated on your 8.4. That's what I did, and the nav works great for me. It's not quite as fancy as the 8.4 units that come with the nav installed from the factory, but if you want the visual display that's how you get it.

The 8.4 units come 2 ways.... Canada units are slightly different I believe.

RA3 = Nav capable, but not activated.
RA4 = Nav ready, installed and activated from the factory.

OP
OP
traktrjorj

traktrjorj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What he said.... The only other option you have to get the navigation activated on your 8.4. That's what I did, and the nav works great for me. It's not quite as fancy as the 8.4 units that come with the nav installed from the factory, but if you want the visual display that's how you get it.

The 8.4 units come 2 ways.... Canada units are slightly different I believe.

RA3 = Nav capable, but not activated.
RA4 = Nav ready, installed and activated from the factory.

Who do you contact to get the navigation activated? how is it activated? through my phone? computer, sd card? Thanks, Gary In Illinois

OP
OP
traktrjorj

traktrjorj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
stimpy433: Who do you contact to get the navigation activated? how is it activated? through my phone? computer, sd card? Thanks, Gary In Illinois

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
stimpy433: Who do you contact to get the navigation activated? how is it activated? through my phone? computer, sd card? Thanks, Gary In Illinois

Your dealer can activate it. It's pricey though, I want to say $400-$500? There were some third part folks that could do it cheaper but not sure if they are still around? You would send them your VIN and they would email you the unlock code.

With that said, you have a 2014 so the maps on it are probably 2013 or older. Going to be pretty out of date. You can get updated maps but that is another $150 on top of the activation.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Kdizz391

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you or anyone you know used Ebay for activation before

Yes, that is how I activated my navigation on my RA3. The seller was great to work with and a lot of people over on the challenger forum have used him.