2014 tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMI R/T 14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Put on some Yokohama Geolandar I/T studless snow tires (and knock-off 20" SRT wheels) for winter. The tires are working very well, by the way; I recommend them. The problem I'm having now is with the new tire pressure sensors that Commercial Tire installed in them. Neither them or Les Schwab or the local Dodge dealer can get the truck to read them. They all give me different stories about them needing to be programmed... they are a one-year-only sensors... the truck just needs to be driven for 10 minutes... none of them have panned out. The TPMS lights up the dashboard. Anyone know how to properly setup new tire pressure sensors to work on a 2014 Ram?

Attachments

• IMG_8018.jpg
    IMG_8018.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 66

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
TPMS suck!! Let me say this again on the off chance a manufacturer or US lawmaker is reading. TPMS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing but problems. One of mine has been out for over a month and my dealer can't get the part. Makes me think they are having more problems than anticipated. As for your question and fitting them onto aftermarket wheels/tires. Good luck :(

I can't even get mine to work on a completely stock 6 month old truck

Last edited:

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The '14 TPMS sensor is different for the '14 model year, don't know why RAM changed. I did the same thing getting different rims and tires for winter and tried generic sensors that did not work. I had to go to the dealer and buy OEM '14 sensors for the 2cd set of rims. There is nothing the dealer can do to reset the system, tried that also, the computer automatically picks up the signal and sets itself. I will tell you though, I had to pump my tires to over 40 PSI and drive around for about 10-15 minutes to get the second set of TPMS sensors to read and shut off the dash lite.

OP
OP
HEMI R/T 14

HEMI R/T 14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure if the sensors they put in are OEM or aftermarket, but there is a signal coming from the tires. Maybe I'll try setting the tires at different pressures (then driving around for a while) and see what happens.

Red-R/T

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 14 R/T showed a low tire. I went to Discount Tire and they did a test and found no leak. Replaced the sensor for free. All works great now.

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to delete the tpms in my truck. You can do it to jeeps why not the truck.

jlis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
exactly what dirtrider has said. The 14's need an OEM TPMS for the truck to read the pressure correctly. I got them through allmoparparts.

cqt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put oem sensors in my second set of rims. I installed them myself and they require no programming. Just put on truck and they auto learned