2015 bighorn 2wd. Tires and leveling/lifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickyWar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ay guys and gals! Maybe someone could help me out. I have a 2015 bighorn 2WD with stock rims and the factory rake. That being said I'm looking into getting a kit to raise the front 3" and the back an 1" 1/4. So basically I'm getting rid of the rake and lifting just an inch. (Not into getting too much lift at the moment.) So if I were to go this route and KEEP my stock rims, what might my options be as far as tires and what do you guys think would look good? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Ps. This is my first post on here!

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! You've stumbled on a great place. There is a ton of info on these pages, along with some great guys that are willing to answer about anything. A great place to start looking for your answers would be the sticky by Brandon Jansen at the top of this page. "Guide to leveling..." A popular set up is Bilstein adj struts in the front, and a 1" spacer in the rear. Again, welcome and have a look around.

satxwy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Welcome! You've stumbled on a great place. There is a ton of info on these pages, along with some great guys that are willing to answer about anything. A great place to start looking for your answers would be the sticky by Brandon Jansen at the top of this page. "Guide to leveling..." A popular set up is Bilstein adj struts in the front, and a 1" spacer in the rear. Again, welcome and have a look around.

Ah, be careful. He has a 2wd. Bilstein adjustable struts are only for 4wd.

For a 2wd, your options will be a coil spring spacer, lift coils, or a spindle lift up front. It's generally accepted that you shouldn't go over 2.5" with lift coils or a spacer or you'll run into suspension problems.

Look at the Maxtrac brand for coils or a lift spindle, or Daystar for some spacers.

OP
OP
N

NickyWar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I'm not going with adjustable struts. I already have the level and small lift figured out and what I'm getting. Basically I'll have about 39" from the ground to the fenders once it's done. But I want to get new tires when I get this done. I have the stock rims and I'm not really looking to change them yet. So what size tires could I get? I want to get bigger tires than I have now but don't want to rub. (Keep in mind I am lifting a little bit!) I have 20×9s I'm pretty sure. I tried checking out that guide for leveling and tires as mentionEd above but honestly it just confused me?

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My apologies. Went back and looked, apparently I missed the 2WD in the first sentence.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The best way to get 3" up front safely would be the crown spindles. I wouldn't go over 2" with a spacer it wouldn't ride very well plus you'll wear out front end parts quickly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk