2015 crew cab sport. 2 10" Jl w3's in fox box powered by Jl 1000/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sport15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently had a local shop put a system in the sport. Went with 2 Jl audio 10 inch w3's. They are in a ported fox box. Subs and door speakers being pushed by a Jl 1000/5. 400 watts to door speakers and 600 watts to subs. Hooked up to factory head unit via line output converter. Factory door speakers in doors. Sounds amazing. Actually louder than I expected. I was unsure about using a pre fabricated box but the fox box fits perfect and sounds immaculate. Just get a good shop to do the install.

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Ok let's break it down..
What speakers did you use in the doors
Did you keep the dash speakers or replace them

Also we need some pics!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Sport15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll get you some pics. I left the dash speakers and door speakers stock. The same speakers that came with the truck. I just hooked them up to the amp

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
How did you hook factory speakers to an amp that puts out I've 100w per side it would blow them?

BCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the amount of money you have already put into the system with that LOC, amp, box, and subs you should really consider upgrading the stock speakers. You've obviously already run fresh wiring to them from the amp. You wouldn't even have to spend much at all on a set of speakers to see an improvement in sound over the stock ones. Nearly anything you put in aftermarket is going to sound better, not to mention they would be much better at handling what that amp is putting out to them. Just my opinion though.

Good choice on the gear you have put in so far, I love my FOX box!

OP
OP
S

Sport15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@bcmark you are Absolutely correct. I have always gone cheap with every other vehicle I have ever owned. And was never satisfied. Had cheap products installed for cheap and it always dissapointed. so I'm not short changing anything. When I change the door speakers they will be Jl audio which are a couple hundred a pair installed. It will happen eventually but my thinking was that if I hooked it all up and the doors sounded like garbage then I would change them but if not then I would ride them out until they blew up. Now to get to my point, I'm very meticulous and a perfectionist when it comes to my truck and believe me when I say that surprisingly the stock door speakers sound really good. They are only a year old and I never pushed them hard before. And being on an amp I can completely do away with low pass going through them. They actually fair out pretty well with the subs. But trust me, the day that they fall under par they will get replaced.

OP
OP
S

Sport15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did you hook factory speakers to an amp that puts out I've 100w per side it would blow them?

The 400 watts end is split up between the 4 door speakers and the 2 dash speakers. Plus it's turned down so they aren't getting cooked. The amp uses a line output converter to take the signal from the speaker wire and convert it to rca for the amp.

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Ok sounds great now let's see some PICS!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca