2015 Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sure am glad I read this thread.

I've been debating if I really wanna pay the extra $500 for the nav in the radio. I asked the dealership how much it would cost them to activate it and he said over $600.

I figure, my iPhone does a fine job of navigation. I don't need to spend that much money on that feature. You guys just helped reinforce why I shouldn't.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sure am glad I read this thread.

I've been debating if I really wanna pay the extra $500 for the nav in the radio. I asked the dealership how much it would cost them to activate it and he said over $600.

I figure, my iPhone does a fine job of navigation. I don't need to spend that much money on that feature. You guys just helped reinforce why I shouldn't.
Definitely don't. If you take a look at some other threads in the DIY section, you can by a gently used 8.4AN RA4 for less than the dealer upgrade price. In addition to NAV you will also get HD Radio and you could probably sell your old 8.4A RA3 for at least $250.

You could also keep your RA3 in and add a UConnect Lockpick Air v2 and stream your phone NAV to the screen as well as videos. To me there is zero value to adding NAV to a RA3 at the current non-competitive price point.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly? Pretty much everyone these days owns a smartphone. I find vehicle infotainment systems so redundant, and they're usually lagging well behind current smartphone tech. Get a solid mount for your phone and use that.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Maybe your the type who prefers camping in a tent & has super low expectations & is happy with antiquated technology.