Navigation mute

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Oakes

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I-6 HO
Simplest thing to do is stop using the built in nav - you probably won't be paying for the subscription so nothing will be updated much anyway after the free subscription runs out.

Connect your phone wirelessly with androidauto (or apple carplay if you lean that way). Use google maps. It will magically appear on your screen, has a mute button for the voice directions and will not interfere with anything else on your phone over your day. Calls, surfing, email, etc.

(Except, of course, any of the many stupidly written apps that default to wifi for data even when there's no internet on the wifi connection - then you'll have to turn off wifi to get them to see the real data connection)

Ternsdorff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know the ole buddy buddy routine from senior members to newbies….I know you have each others back. His comment and assumptions were not necessary. He could have left that off altogether, but he chose to add that crap. He is the way he is because he is on the internet. I can assure you if he was in my presence he would be polite. If he wasn't, I can assure you he would leave that situation and be polite the rest of his life. Moral of the story….be polite….leave out all of the other ******** and personal jabs….it was unnecessary.
Your a child and need to grow up internet tough guy.

OP
OP
H

HanoverFist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ignore feature comes in handy here. If you wouldn't listen to them one bar stool over, no need to listen to them online. You'll figure out who the assholes are pretty quick if you stick around.
True. But I should have never responded. I know better.