Auto Switch Between Dark and Light Mode Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MuddyJeep810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2014 Ram Sport
8.4 Uconnect

Am I missing something, or does 'Auto' setting not switch automatically to the dark navigation screen once it's dark enough outside?

If I manually turn my panel dimmer down on the headlight switch a click it will switch to the dark nav screen, but wouldn't this be the opposite of 'automatic'?

In my last truck I had a Kenwood navigation head unit with nav, and it would use the current time along with the time of sunset for that calendar day to switch from day to night mode. I'm guessing Ram engineers missed this little quality of life feature?

Attachments

• 20230926_123832.jpg
    20230926_123832.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 7

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
My screen has two different parameters.

Brightness, day/night, as shown above. Seems to work as expected. I have learned that automatic dash dimming comes at a lower light level than auto headlights activation.

Second is the light or dark theme for navigation. White screen with dark lines or vice versa. AFAIK it remains in the mode selected all the time.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine does the same thing. I have to leave my dimmer switch just before the final detent of max brightness. Or it stays white all the time.

G/T jonny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Maximum bright on the instrument dimmer is considered “parade mode” , AKA “funeral mode” where you can have the headlights on and still see the instruments (no dimming).
Just leave the dimmer down a click for automatic dimming.