2015 ram power wagon transmission issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
What kind of issues? I don't have any but i have seen a few posts about leaks and I think there was a recall on the solenoid pack on the early 6.4L PWs.

PW2018PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup, my 2018 PW has been to the dealer 6 times this summer for a total of about 2 months chasing a tranny leak..

Still leaking BTW. Shifts just fine though

OP
OP
Matthew Swinimer

Matthew Swinimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
What kind of issues? I don't have any but i have seen a few posts about leaks and I think there was a recall on the solenoid pack on the early 6.4L PWs.
Hard to explain really...almost seems like it slipping when starting off from a stop...extremely noticeable when I'm pulling something...revs hard then starts to move

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If you are under 100K miles the powertrain should still be under warranty. I would take it in to a good dealer.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Hard to explain really...almost seems like it slipping when starting off from a stop...extremely noticeable when I'm pulling something...revs hard then starts to move

If it’s doing this on inclines, it sounds like Hill Start Assist. If it’s happening on level ground, I have no ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My fathers has a monster 2-1 downshift. Its been in the shop many times for no repair. They keep saying programming and so on. He doesnt care, its got the lifetime warranty so it will cost them in the long run not to fix it early.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
If it’s doing this on inclines, it sounds like Hill Start Assist. If it’s happening on level ground, I have no ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If happening on incline check your settings and see if the safety feature of Hill Start Assist is On.

boxofrokx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am by no means an expert... I believe if the clutches are slipping the tranny will throw a code. Is there any codes? Have you taken it to a dealer?