2016 5500 RAM 6.4 No crank/no accessory/no start/full of errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wwall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2016 5500 6.4 automatic transmission
Didn’t know proper forum to put under because heavy duty + electrical

Shut truck off one night & went to start it the next day - had multiple error codes after being clear The night before

Has had PCM replaced previously for different issue (AC failure + no electric fan, ABS being misread, but ran & drove) have old & new units swapped did not change symptoms

Engine temperature hot / gauge pegged
Fuel gauge reads E
ABS fault
Electronic brake system fault
Air bag system fault
Radio says anti theft mode restart system
Had it scanned and it says no ECM or TCM communication

Disconnected battery for a night no change

Removed TIPM checked all mini fuses came out good when taking TIPM apart found a blown cartridge fuse 20a and mild corrosion on board that was cleaned up
Found a diode that reads shorted but think it may be a “dead end” on inspecting the board. I don’t have a diagram
No change after replacing fuses and reinstalling TIPM

Any ideas? Thank you

Ichikisu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I ran into the same exact issue just yesterday. Everything drove fine until I went to start up yesterday evening and got exactly what you did. I have tried just about everything to figure out what the issue is and resolve it. No luck so far on my end and it's sad to see no one has offered any assistance to you yet either. If I find something, I'll let you know.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have you checked both ends of the battery cables.

OP
OP
W

wwall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ran into the same exact issue just yesterday. Everything drove fine until I went to start up yesterday evening and got exactly what you did. I have tried just about everything to figure out what the issue is and resolve it. No luck so far on my end and it's sad to see no one has offered any assistance to you yet either. If I find something, I'll let you know.

Same motor? I don’t know how the Cummins are laid out under the hood.
We replaced the TIPM without symptom change.
What brought our truck back to life was unplugging & plugging back in all the data cables on the passenger side. Everything to the ECM, the large plug above the ECM, etc I don’t have a picture on me.
I think the large plug above the ECM was the one that “reset” it.

Ichikisu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, I'll have to try that. I have a 5.7L Hemi and my AlfaOBD indicated a communication issue with the ECM/PCM. Wiring layout should be relatively the same. I'll give that a try and if that isn't is, I'm looking at the TIPM connections next. Thanks for the idea.

Ichikisu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Same motor? I don’t know how the Cummins are laid out under the hood.
We replaced the TIPM without symptom change.
What brought our truck back to life was unplugging & plugging back in all the data cables on the passenger side. Everything to the ECM, the large plug above the ECM, etc I don’t have a picture on me.
I think the large plug above the ECM was the one that “reset” it.
Tried the ide and no dice. I'm about to get a hold of a mechanic to check the computer to find the source of the issue. Just thought I'd update you and wanted to thank you for the idea.