2016 Ram 1500 seat wiring schematic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldCountryCA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hello,

I’ve been working on my 2004 2500. Latest thing was installing seats from a 2016 ram 1500. I’m looking for a schematic. What I’m after is wiring the drivers seat movement functions and disabling the seat airbags.

Thanks in advance!

Some pictures for fun of the work I’ve done so far:
IMG_8613.jpeg
IMG_8589.jpeg
IMG_7680.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg
IMG_9769.jpeg

OP
OP
G

GoldCountryCA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Is there a resource for the wiring diagrams on fourth gen’s somewhere?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I put 4th gen seats in a 2003, though I repinned my old connectors so it would plug in to the truck properly. I think mine were from a 2012. There should be two obviously larger gauge fat wires (in my case they were orange/red st & black/wh st) for power & ground; this will give you seat movement. You will have to put your seat belt buckles from your original seats (or install the later seat belts) as 3rd & 4th gen seat belt apparatus aren't cross compatible. There should be two much smaller, nearly identical wires (in my case green/wh st & green/tan st) that take care of the seat belt light. All other leftover wires are for the seat airbag, just tape them up completely and keep them away from any power source.

Attachments

• IMAG5454(1).jpg
    IMAG5454(1).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
G

GoldCountryCA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I put 4th gen seats in a 2003, though I repinned my old connectors so it would plug in to the truck properly. I think mine were from a 2012. There should be two obviously larger gauge fat wires (in my case they were orange/red st & black/wh st) for power & ground; this will give you seat movement. You will have to put your seat belt buckles from your original seats (or install the later seat belts) as 3rd & 4th gen seat belt apparatus aren't cross compatible. There should be two much smaller, nearly identical wires (in my case green/wh st & green/tan st) that take care of the seat belt light. All other leftover wires are for the seat airbag, just tape them up completely and keep them away from any power source.
Will the fourth gen retractors fit behind third gen pillar trim?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Will the fourth gen retractors fit behind third gen pillar trim?
I don't know, they might. It was a much simpler solution to simply bolt the buckles from 3rd gen seats to the 4th gens. Easy peasy, problem solved.