2016 RAM 1500 Sport - Adding CD Player -Need Console Wiring Harness part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksmek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2016 RAM 1500 Sport didn't come with a CD Player but I'd like to put one in.

I have the console with bucket seats (not bench seat). NO rear heated seats, only the front seats are heat/cool. Steering wheel controls.
Alpine Premium Sound, recently swapped the factory sub for the JL Audio Stealthbox.

Spoke with 2 Dodge dealerships, they say they don't have a way to know which of the 8 wiring harnesses I'd need.

They need me to give them a "VIN that includes a CD Player" so short of that, does anyone know the 2016 Wiring Harness part numbers that include the CD Player?

Dealer #1 said it's 68233580AC but Dealer #2 said that part # doesn't mention a CD Player therefore that's not the right harness. Yet their software doesn't give them more details to help figure it out which surprises me - probably doesn't surprise y'all! : )

As for the CD Player I might be able to get my hands on a free 2013 CD Player but if it ends up not being compatible with my 2016 then I'll buy a new OEM CD Player. But first I gotta figure out the console wiring harness part #.

I've searched this forum a ton but haven't found an answer, maybe I'm not searching right. IF I can get the harness/player installed I understand I'd need to get it programmed to recognize it - ok.

Thanks!
Karen

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Go look for one at www.car-part.com if your looking for a CD player and wiring.

No clue why you would want a CD player as you can rip your entire CD collection to mp3 and have it on a thumb drive. Don't use the excuse that CD sound better as that's partial load of BS and the stock sound system isn't capable of distinguishing the difference. If you did have a better sound system this conversation wouldn't be happening.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go look for one at www.car-part.com if your looking for a CD player and wiring.

No clue why you would want a CD player as you can rip your entire CD collection to mp3 and have it on a thumb drive. Don't use the excuse that CD sound better as that's partial load of BS and the stock sound system isn't capable of distinguishing the difference. If you did have a better sound system this conversation wouldn't be happening.
Owwwwwwwwww. FWIW, the 2019 Rams have single cd's installed. Maybe you could look there.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
K

ksmek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you both!

Crash68 - nice to have that site - thanks. My first look I didn't find the console harnesses but I'll look again. Found several CD Players # 5091303.

The harness might be either 68233577AC or 68233579AC. Both mention Single Disc Remote CD Player. Only difference seems to be 79AC mentions 'SLT Badge' so I'll keep looking at them to see what else stands out.

I followed 18harvest's advice and used factoryChryslerParts .com It gives some details about the parts which is how I narrowed it down to those 2. Hopefully on the right track, I'll call the dealership in the morning and see if they can get me the rest of the way if I/we haven't gotten it figured out by then. Thanks again.

Last edited: