2016 Rebel is dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dartswinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appreciate the follow up. How does it drive? Any differences or new sounds?

socalledchad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same thing happened with my 13 5.7 a few weeks ago and they replaced engine as well...and it seems fairly popular

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too late now, but there is a park pawl release lever behind a panel above e brake release. I heard about it by chance, but it should be better publicized. It releases the trans when you can't shift out of park. Tow driver should have known about it.

sorry but it is call reading the owners manual failure to do so is on the owner and you alone

OP
OP
dotcomdewd

dotcomdewd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate the follow up. How does it drive? Any differences or new sounds?

Drives like a new truck :) It seems back to normal. You would never know anything was replaced. I have about 300 miles on the new engine, i will post up if anything else crazy happens with it.

OP
OP
dotcomdewd

dotcomdewd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thing happened with my 13 5.7 a few weeks ago and they replaced engine as well...and it seems fairly popular

Wow.... hopefully you had the warranty on it. My dealer told me the cost was around $10K to do the swap and i wouldn't want to eat that on a newer truck.