2017 ram 1500 alfaobd and mastertailgaters backup cam issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OWSIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Master tailgaters handle with built in camera for 2017 ram 1500. And a female rca with 2 pins on the end of the yellow/black wire coming out of it. Removed Yellow/black wire from the included plug that came with the rca female end. Plugged those 2 pins into pins 30/31 of the uconnects harness.

THE GOOD:
Rear view camera works flawless when trucks key is in run position & Truck is switched into reverse.

THE BAD:
Doesnt work when trucks running though?

Did I miss something on ALFAOBD or?

I did everything to do with rear camera in there except dyanamic or static gridlines. Just the rear view camera present, rear view camera option for the CSM, didnt do the grid lines or the cargo cam or front cam stuff etc. Just the basics. This worked on a '10 sport or '12 idr the yr off hand just wondering why this 17 isnt working. Mighta missed something. Anyone got any ideas?

This truck DIDNT COME FROM FACTORY WITH A CAMERA - should be self explanitory but gunna just say that now here incase anyone wonders haha

Thanks in advance..

Master tailgators camera used:

Attachments

• Radio Connector.jpg
    Radio Connector.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 8
  • connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
O

OWSIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
People say in questions section of the amazon product page that ram limits voltage to 8v when truck running if im taking power from reverse light. that makes no sense as ive done 1000s of cameras to aftermarket headunits in these rams and always grab power there. I also metered it just now key in run and truck running both are 12v at the white wire I grabbed power from right at the reverse bulbs connector. Hmmmmm. Might be worth a shot to take the t tap off that and run a wire to the fuse box with a fuse tap at a fuse that has 12v power when truck key is in run/accessory and vehicle running and just see for the heck of it.

Idk....?

OP
OP
O

OWSIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Utilized the 7 pin trailer wiring center pin (reverse). Moved the power wire to camera from the white reverse bulb wire to the trailer wirings center reverse pin. Works flawless! Wish the instructions (that were not included from master tailgaters at all lol) would say something about this because not even the pdf on their site does!