2017 Ram 1500 Oil Temp Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where is the oil temp sensor located at for a 5.7 Hemi? I had a Hellcat bottom end swap done and the oil temp is not reading anything. Trying to track it down and see what the issue is.

Thank You

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right near your oil filter , one is pressure the other temperature .
After investigating this is the only thing I see. Maybe they didn’t install one at all? Appears to be a plug up above the oil filter

IMG_3110.jpeg

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whatever bottom end they used may not of had it installed there will be a cap/plug you un screw then you can re install a new sensor if its not there cant tell from your picture.

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whatever bottom end they used may not of had it installed there will be a cap/plug you un screw then you can re install a new sensor if its not there cant tell from your picture.
That must be it then. I bought the hellcat bottom end used then had it rebuilt. This shop missed many things I am now fixing so it wouldn’t surprise me if they just plugged that port and didn’t transfer my sensor over.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That must be it then. I bought the hellcat bottom end used then had it rebuilt. This shop missed many things I am now fixing so it wouldn’t surprise me if they just plugged that port and didn’t transfer my sensor over.
I think the oil pressure sensor is mounted facing towards the front above the oil filter and the oil temp sensor is mounted above the filter and faces towards the pass side fender.It's tough to tell,but it looks like the sensor is there,but might not be compatiable with your truck if it's the hellcat sensor.You'd have to compare part numbers.
I think the plug you're looking at,is the block drain

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the oil pressure sensor is mounted facing towards the front above the oil filter and the oil temp sensor is mounted above the filter and faces towards the pass side fender.It's tough to tell,but it looks like the sensor is there,but might not be compatiable with your truck if it's the hellcat sensor.You'd have to compare part numbers.
I think the plug you're looking at,is the block drain

Ok I will look a little harder then. If the oil temp is about the filter and facing the passenger side it would definitely be harder to see.

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Hellcat block ended up having a plug put in where the sensor went when it was rebuilt and the shop doing the install must of not caught it. After looking closer I spotted it and got my new pressure sensor installed. IMG_3146.jpegIMG_3149.jpeg