Oil Pressure Sensor-Will It Trigger CEL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean J Blackburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can anyone tell me the torque specs for the oil pressure sensor on a 2010 1500 with the 5.7?

I have seen online listings of 12 foot pounds and 22 foot pounds. 22 sounds high to me considering it is threading into aluminum.

Sort of a long story, but my pcv valve went bad and I burned a lot of oil before I checked the level manually and discovered that the oil level was way low. It is my understanding that the oil pressure sensor should have triggered an engine light (my truck is an st and there is no oil pressure gauge), but I never received any type of light or notification of the low level.

I'm going to replace the oil pressure sensor just for piece of mind!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Can anyone tell me the torque specs for the oil pressure sensor on a 2010 1500 with the 5.7?

I have seen online listings of 12 foot pounds and 22 foot pounds. 22 sounds high to me considering it is threading into aluminum.

Sort of a long story, but my pcv valve went bad and I burned a lot of oil before I checked the level manually and discovered that the oil level was way low. It is my understanding that the oil pressure sensor should have triggered an engine light (my truck is an st and there is no oil pressure gauge), but I never received any type of light or notification of the low level.

I'm going to replace the oil pressure sensor just for piece of mind!
As long as it still had enough oil in the pan to cover the oil pump pick-up,it's not going to trigger a low pressure light,the trucks don't moniter oil level,just oil pressure.
If you're hung up on changing the oil pressure sensor,make sure you use a OEM sensor,aftermarket sensors don't play nice with Chrysler/Ram electronics.