2017 with bulky dog stalls when floored

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iflybyu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks in advance for any help provided. I took a 2017 3500 Cummins out today and the truck worked and drove amazing except for when matting the throttle from idle or close to idle.

No engine codes or issues other than when putting the ped al right to the mat. The truck is deleted and has a full exhaust system as well as a bully dog tuner and apparently a 40 horsepower tune. Below is a quote from the seller. Is it true that when deleted and tuned these trucks don't like being floored. as I mentioned the truck pulled hard idled great shifted perfect worked exactly as expected except for when matting the throttle at low speeds. Truck has 90,000km.

Quote from seller

"" I did take the truck for a drive once you left and it drove perfect. There was no issue with the acceleration and no stalling whatsoever. I do know that when a truck is tuned like that if you put the pedal to the floor the automatic shut off will kick in and you’re not supposed to do that with those trucks""

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
I don't know about your tune and truck, but when the tech finished installing my exhaust and H&S mini maxx he had me hop in and we went for a ride, wow! He crammed the skinny pedal down and ran through the 6 automatic gears and I was yelling let off because he was scorching the tires off, but it never hesitated at all and pulled harder in 6th gear than any other. The only time my truck has been launched since bought new.